In my music world, I have –
- Owned and operated my own piano school with over 100 students.
- Taught children, adults, private lessons, group lessons, and lecture classes.
- Coached singers, pianists, and many instrumentalists – trombonists, clarinetists, violinists, cellists, flutists, tubists, horn players, bassoonists, harpists…
- Played for weddings, funerals, church services, social events, gatherings, graduations….
- Free-lanced as a pianist in multiple cities.
- Completed a Masters Of Art in Collaborative Piano and a Fellowship in Keyboard Accompaniment from the Royal School of Music in London.
- Released a CD with a wonderful cellist.
- Currently serve as a faculty pianist at a state university, playing for lessons, rehearsals, master classes and recitals.
- Continuing my own studies and journey as a musician.
In my martial arts world, I –
- Train in the art of Taekwondo and Taichi.
- Teach students of all ages and all ranks in Taekwondo, serving as an assistant instructor at the school.
- Teach private instruction and group classes.
- Assist in teaching forms, sparring, board breaking, weapons, and self-defense.
- Serve as an office manager for the school’s online presence.
- Currently hold the rank of 3rd degree Black Belt – something I never saw in my future, but embraced the opportunity.
- Continue my own studies and journey as a martial artists.
In my home world –
- I am a wife to a wonderful husband of 17 years.
- We have two young teenage boys.
- I do all the normal mom things – cooking, cleaning, laundry, yard work, running the kids around, helping with schoolwork…
- I am active at our church, volunteering for various activities, such as travelling on the annual youth group ski trip every year as an adult leader.
- I am engaged in the lives of friends and family members.
So yes, I feel pulled in many directions. I know the feeling of being overwhelmed all too well. I know what it’s like to have too many things on my plate and not feeling able to cut any of them. They all are important and worthy of my time and energy, but there is only one me and IT’S TOO MUCH!
I know some of you are there. I’m not here to tell you how to take things off your plate. I’m not here to make your life “un-busy.” Life is stressful, and there are many things demanding our attention. That’s NOT going to change anytime soon.
But I am here to tell you that….
- You can do so much more than barely survive. YOU CAN THRIVE!
- You can learn to work with the busy-ness and still have time to take care of yourself.
- You can learn to move through the stresses of life with happiness, freedom and grace.
- You can learn to find peace in the midst of the storm.
Life can take on a whole new meaning, with layers of depth you may never have seen before.
It’s exciting, invigorating, energizing, motivating and freeing – all at once!